Thursday, July 1, 2010

not just another day....

sweet sixteen......! you would expect a girl to be excited, run around, cry out loud, have a grand party and look forward to enjoy the feeling of being the center of attention. well, like every other time, i was an exception. my sweet sixteen, which was supposed to be the dashing, bashing, energy packed special day, turned out to be JUST ANOTHER DAY! great!

i woke up, and as expected my cell phone inbox was filed with 'happy birthday's and 'enjoy the day's.my facebook profile wall was also filled with my friends wishing me. but that day was anything but enjoyable.....

first, there was, as usual the morning sickness. people in hurry, getting late for work, usually tend to have a hassle. i understand...then, like any other day, my mom, dad and my brother left for their respective offices, and i was left at home with my grandmom. like any other day, i went inside the bedroom and stayed there for the rest of the morning.of course,i did lots of things inside...listened to music,chatted with friends etc, trying to soothe my boredom, and constantly kept reminding myself to cheer up..it was my birthday, for God's sakes! but that day hardly felt like a birthday....!

it is said that if the morning is bad, the rest of the day would also be so. that was exactly what i had feared...a bad birthday.but time was playing tricks on me...the morning boredom wore off by afternoon, when my friends and my cousin tried to make my special day at least seem like one!my cousin did something which lifted my mood immediately... a blog all for me! well i had always dreamed of being written about, and my cousin did it for me!pujakka, if you are reading this,you have absolutely no idea how you made my day!another cousin of mine, currently in London, called down to wish me and even video phoned me later that evening.my friends, upon knowing of my drearily dreadful day, came down to my place to cheer me up.other friends helped me get through the disastrous day by chatting, sending sweet messages...etc.my brother had already won me over by taking me for shopping which was also when i discovered his skills at the ancient art of shopping *lol*

later on my mom and grandmom made me some good food.sabudana wadas and bhel, along with payasam....yummy! now anyone who knows me, knows that satisfying my taste-buds means satisfying me!not a sad ending, after all!

to all these people, i would say, that you all made my day.you saved my birthday from being just another day.......! i know i am exaggerating, that birthday is after all just another day, and by labeling it as 'birthday' won't make the nature turn around!but seriously, when little things like these come together, well an ordinary day could become extraordinary! i didn't need a party to proclaim that the day was perfect,it was when the love of my dear ones turned up that i decided that the day was the best!thank you all, a lot.....after all,great things come in small packages!

so that is how my 'just another day' turned into a 'sweet sixteen'!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment