Thursday, July 15, 2010

AFAE.....!

One of the best things about being in Mahesh Tutorials is getting good marks and being invited to AFAE, and believe me, it is worth getting 92.91% just because you get to attend this function! Exaggerating? Not in the least!

First of all, let me brief u up on this; AFAE (Award For Academic Excellence) is the felicitation programme of MT Educare, the tutorials where I went for my STD 10th, and from what I had heard from my experienced seniors, it ROCKS!!! So, well, I was naturally excited when I was called on to collect my pass… I was invited to AFAE!

So, on the fateful day of July 14th, we all left our homes, dressed in our best, headed for the Thane Vikas branch of Mahesh Tutorials, as there was a bus arrangement to take us to the Renaissance Hotel, Powai, and after a jolly ride to the same, we entered the Renaissance Hotel , and we just couldn’t help but awe at the crowd! Students from over 4 cities, which is about 12 branches, had come over there. Then we were welcomed with some tea and coffee and ushered into a part of the huge ballroom, which was separated from the whole part by blinds. There we had the felicitation programme, with the blaring music of the DJs, and the usual demeanor of the teachers, which gave us the proud feeling of being there, in that hotel, receiving trophies from our professors, the proud feeling of being in the AFAE! Believe me, my feeling, when I got that trophy, with my name printed on it from one of my favourite teachers……..well it was mind blowing!

So then, after the felicitation, we had this snack session, where I had the best chocolate brownie I have ever tasted! Anyways, so after having our fill, and taking lots of pictures with our teachers, we were ushered again into the ballroom (the blinds now removed) which was HUGE! It was the largest ballroom in all of Asia! (seriously)

And then, we had some speeches from Mahesh Shetty sir himself! It was a really inspiring one too….the sort that you have to listen to at least once in your life. And then, after calling on all the directors, and all the technical people, we had this singer with a band, who sung on and on for what seemed lie ages! And to which we danced on and on for what seemed like ages!! All the professors, all the students, irrespective of whatever branch they may belong, just danced together…..it really seemed like it was our day! And then, after celebrating the whole evening, the function ended, and we returned home in the buses.

You know, its times like these that you feel really lucky that you worked hard enough, and believe me, the professors did not let us forget that even for a moment! They appreciated us so damn much, that the euphoria built up at the starting of the day, continued till night! But of course, it was all because of them! AFAE was a day, which was completely to celebrate our success, it was a rightful reward for everything we had put in all of our STD 10th, and the award, the trophy, stands high, a momento, bearing evidence that I did belong to this institution. The gratitude that I have towards this place, which I was in only for 2 years is equal to that I have for my school, where I was for 12 whole years! Now you can imagine the magnitude, can’t you?
So, at the end, the AFAE was a grand success!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment