Sunday, January 2, 2011

.an awesome end to an awesome beginning,for an awesome beginning...

This last decade has been no doubt special, with everything going around so very fast... n more so for me! when the clock struck 12 on the 1st Jan, 2011, i just glanced back on the decade and, wow! these 10 years have really done so much to my life!

First of all, these were the 10 years i spent at my school, growing up through the pencil marks on the wall, growing up through the "g's" and the "f's" on my school notebooks, growing too much for my cramped school benches;

growing up with Maggi, Cheetos, Lays, Alpenliebe; Popeye, Tom and Jerry, Richie Rich;

with long walks with grandpa whenever i fought with friends, with Amar Chita Katha in the afternoons and Tinkle Digest at night;

growing from a-b-c's to long 10-mark essays, from water-cycle
to functions of the brain;

from chit- passing from the last bench to the first, to Facebook and twitter...

from fighting with my hands to fighting with my words, from crying in front of everyone to crying all alone; from being satisfied with 2 Rs. to not being so even in 2000;

from kabaddi, pakda-pakdi and hide and seek to football and now Facebook apps!

How everything has come so far, leaving a long, long trail! how can this decade not be special? but i guess, this chapter is about to close forever, and it is time to move on to the next. sounds fun, though, cuz this is an awesome ending to an awesome beginning, for an awesome beginning. who knows, maybe 10 years on from now, i would be sitting in front of my computer in exactly the same way as now, and typing away at how life has changed again! boy, have i grown or what!

HaPPy New YEAr EvERyOne, EVerYwhErE......

2 comments:

  1. Hey, it's been 27 days since the new year began, and I still find myself with moist eyes after I read this!
    Kudos! We have grown up. So has the world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. dude... u really cried? that was not the reaction expected, but its sweet:)

    ReplyDelete