Friday, July 15, 2011

It all ends today.


In my very first article on my blog, I told you how big a Harry Potter fan I am. It'd been over a year and I have come a long way since then. Nothing changed. Nothing ever changed.

Today I saw the franchise end in 3D. And amazing though the journey was, I can't help but feel hollow inside, like a part of me ended with it. To what extent that is true, only I shall know!

One may argue its a kids' book, a kids' story. But theres no denying the fact that it used to be a TREMENDOUS part of my life... I lived and died in those 7 books, ever since I became a harry potter fan about 5 years ago. And a lot of what I did become later on, Harry Potter was a huge part of that. And though that sounds like a hyperbloe, it is not...

Harry Potter was the first novel I ever picked up. And it inspired me to read more and more, eventually encouraging me to pursue languages. J.K.Rowling inspired me to begin writing, and created in me an interest for plotting and storytelling. It indeed came storming out of her books; the way she linked each book with the other, making it sort of a jigsaw puzzle, and how she left loose ends everywhere, and then tied them all up to make perfect sense, to make the readers believe in the magical world. It is not just a book, a mere story, it is a work of genius.

As people change, they keep one something from their past, something that reminds them of what they really were inside; Harry Potter was that one something for me. And so it is really hard hitting the reality that it is now over, and that there isn't really anything more to look forward to in it...

A lot of people say I'm weird about Harry Potter, and that its about time the HPmania ended. But does it all end here and today? who knows...

No comments:

Post a Comment