Sunday, May 29, 2011

Down that lane...


How often do we click pictures nowadays? A lot, compared to what we used to, say, 15 years ago. And its amazing, how our digital copies and pics remain new all our life, though we keep changing, but thats not my point. I am not talking about the digital memories, which are stored on our D drives; I am talking about the real memories, collecting dust in the back of our closets, or on our lofts. And it is not very often that we care to take a little walk down that lane...

And that is great. In fact, the longer we take to revisit the memory lane, the better is the memory lane. You would'nt marvel at how you looked 15 years ago if you kept looking at the pictures every day. It takes a minute to have experiences. It takes a while for them to become memories.

So why am I bringing out my hidden memory lane suddenly? Because today I had a look at how I looked when I didn't even know what memory was. When I was a 1 year old, with my whole family doting on me.

It was fun. I looked incredibly funny and tiny. And grumpy by the looks of it. And what caught my attention from the 1 year old me, were the 16-years-ago-old-everyone-else!

Its great to see what people you now know used to be like. How my home and family once looked like, their styles, their clothes...

Did whoever invented camera know that it would once be the thing that would preserve memories forever? Probably. And it has. These sepia snaps don't just bring out the faded old colurs of time; they bring out, from the back of the closet and from the back of our minds, memories that never die:)

1 comment:

  1. "Ew! Don't look at that photo! I look like a raccoon!"

    "Aww...I wish I'd remained as cute as I was then!"

    "Look at this one. I was quite the bully then."

    I dunno about a picture meaning a thousand words, but they sure bring out those many. :)

    ReplyDelete